Laparoscopy Suturing Workshop
July 22 @ 8:00 am - July 23 @ 4:00 pmKshs25,000
One of the most critical and difficult acts in lap surgery is the knot tying and suturing techniques. The knots performed laparoscopically must be as safe as the ones performed conventionally.
Proficiency in suturing is mandatory for advanced operative laparoscopy. Over the duration of 2 days, this suturing course takes you through practical and didactic sessions to cover the art of tissue approximation by suturing using endo-trainers, synthetic and animal tissue models.
This course includes a pre-test and post-test along with an instructional session in a controlled setting. The course equips attendees with improved suturing skills to apply in various surgical situations. With the development and ubiquitous use of minimally invasive surgery, the advanced laparoscopic skills such as suturing is an essential skill for performing laparoscopic procedures.
- Two days- Didactic and dry lab practice
- Pre and post-test assessments
- Live surgery
This course exposes the trainees to the following:
- To be able to safely introduce and set the
- needle into an appropriate position
- To be able to pass the needle and suture through tissue at a suitable depth and distance
- To tie a safe lap knot
- To be able to demonstrate continuous suturing maintaining tension and completing the suture line safely
- To be able to explain ergonomics, theory of rationale for reproducible lap suturing
- Needle passing and removing-accuracy
- Needle setting
- Knot tying-intracorporal
- Extracorporeal knotting
- Continuous suturing/ interrupted suturing
- Vertical suturing Left and right hand suturing
- Vault closure
- Bowel suturing
- Bladder suturing
- Tube/uterus suturing- hollow structure
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- This workshop is strongly recommended for consultants in any speciality (Gen surgery, Gynae, or Urology) who wish to refine their lap suturing skills
- Residents in training.
COURSE DATE: 22 and 23 July
TIME: 8.00am to 4.00pm
VENUE: 3 Park Hospital, 9th Floor, Park Medical Centre, 3 Parklands Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya
COURSE FEES: KES 25,000/- (This includes teas and lunch)
To register please email email@example.com
- Cheque payable to ‘3″ Park Hospital”
- Mpesa: Paybill number 7649530
- Direct transfer to bank – 3rd Park Hospital Account number: 1010833035 Bank: Victoria Commercial Bank Swift Code: VICMKENA